Friday 20 April 2012

I DREW...


I drew a roundabout
And watched ambulances
Drive round and round it -
Feet kicking in the back
Frantic clowns opening the doors.

I drew aquaduct
Upon aquaduct
Upon aquaduct evermore
All leaking
They were all leaking

I was trying to start
The car I couldn't drive
To speed me away from
A storm-dark forest engulfing all horizons
Grey cassette chewed in the stereo.

And it was all my own work
(All linear; unshaded)
The mind can be a terrible canvas
When it knows no contour and
Shows all perspectives at once

I drew bare feet
And walked them over stone
Without looking for any direction
Me just turning the signposts
Round and round
Laughing.

I drew vivid motorways
Of endless concrete desperation
And there were no exits
The horizon
Rolling endless grey distance
Out from itself

I drew a collapsed bridge
With rain whipping
The graffiti on its side wall
Beneath which
We dry with sleepless curled

I drew the dark which
Kept me under itself

______________________________________

Oldbury,
1.55am, 17th April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment