Thursday 8 March 2012

AT THE FIRST BIRD'S SINGING

Thoughts running away
Like the rainyday bus
You've just missed

I let you down
Like last week's party balloon:
Slowly,
But it made you feel
Ever much smaller

Innocent/Naive
First birds sing
In the dark.

I wear black to bed
In case my dreams don't wake up.
I wear life
Like a lightbulb left on overnight
Sometimes...

Beyond the curtain - it's getting light
Beyond the pale - it's getting dark

Without the wherewithal to row this vessel
I'll have to hope my sorryness'll
Bring you back to love from hate
Bring you to the time that waits

Beyond the nest - the leaves are green
Beyond the thought - the leaves are read

My heart skips a beat
Everytime I realise
Drops its stick
Everytime I realise you.

___________________________________

Early hours of 8th March 2012,
Oldbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment