Wednesday 29 February 2012

GRACE & DIGNITY



GRACE & DIGNITY

Let me carry out this sentence with grace
Tend the land under your feet
Do the work in your eyes
Play with the words in your hands.

If I should be burdened
Let me hold it with dignity
Hold it together.

And I shall show this love in deed.

Let me scour this broken wasteland uninterrupted
Applaud such a young feat
Show my working to your y and x
Keep the certainties un-played

Only when the mirror is clean
Will I see behind me
Let not another’s thought decide/define me

I have the right to write.

Keep me lost in my work
In such harrowed times.
Let us grow closer
Where the tracks divide
Should old interference be forgot.

(De-centred dissenter in my descent)

So fast the tunnel –
The hill in decline
The poets of white noise
Get deeper in mind
Stolen from my own reference library

Lay like snow on the ground
                                               I too drift.

__________________________________________

December 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment